Asociación Pablo Ugarte and Fundación PROLIBERTAS, winners of the 2nd Edition of the solidarity initiative Common Space
Following the votes cast by the employees at Alestis during the past few days, the two entities that have obtained the largest number of votes have been the Pablo Ugarte Association and the PROLIBERTAS Foundation, thus becoming the winners of the 2nd Edition of the Common Space Competition and, therefore, they have been selected to receive € 10,000 each.
Participation in this edition has been 10% higher than the previous year, which reflects the involvement of the Alestis team in these kinds of projects which seek to improve the social reality in which we live. As a novelty, this year are two entities benefiting from the donation, which amounts to € 20,000, compared to € 12,000 in 2016.
The Pablo Ugarte Association (APU), declared of public interest, emerged in 2010 at the initiative of Pablo Ugarte’s parents; Pablo, the child who gave the entity its name, died of a childhood cancer at the age of 10 years old. Their purpose is to boost child cancer research, but not only that. The Association collaborates in the fight against childhood cancer, seeks funding for research teams and helps people affected by cancer, particularly children. They currently provide funds of € 39,500 each month to fifteen research teams dedicated entirely to the achievement of progress in the fight against the disease with twenty different projects, thus being the association which finances more projects in Spain and which contributes the most money. E.g. among other research groups, it currently collaborates with the Virgen del Rocío Hospital group or the Macarena Hospital, both of them in Seville.
It offers different ways of collaboration: partners’ voluntary contributions, economic sponsorship or from corporate assets, organizing of cultural, sports and leisure activities and any activity promoted by and for APU in order to obtain funds intended to achieve its purposes.
The PROLIBERTAS Foundation was created in 2001 by the Order of the Holy Trinity Province Spain – South (Orden de la Santísima Trinidad Provincia España – Sur) with the main goal of fighting against marginalization and social exclusion, assisting and helping all kinds of people who, without distinction or discrimination, inside or outside the national territory, suffer some kind of need or marginalization, lacking their own means to solve it. It has shelter houses in Antequera, Cordoba, Madrid, Seville and Algeciras. It develops its activity through different Delegations and Social Programs that seek to respond to the social exclusion and marginalization suffered by some sectors of society, especially people deprived of their freedom, immigrants, people living on the street or who have a high level of exclusion and do not have enough economic resources in order to survive. It also gives support to some international cooperation projects in developing countries such as Argentina, Bolivia, Chile and Peru. www.prolibertas.org
All the proposals that we have received are developing their actions in different areas and, in spite of this, the result has been very even, which suggests that all of them address social issues that concern and interest our employees:
- ANAA (National Association of Friends of Animals): An entity that directs all its actions towards sensitization and respect towards animals and life in general. It is born due to the high number of animals that are abandoned and mistreated in our country and because of the extremely poor attention they receive from the administration.
- Clará Centre for Family Care: Its purpose is to accompany and give support to as many families as possible, in any relational or economic circumstance, through different activities and services of an educational, therapeutic, cohesive and playful nature, in order to favour family communication and well being.
- APADENI: An association for children with intellectual disabilities. They offer lessons of support, speech therapy, physiotherapy and psychomotricity. They also have an autonomy group for young people who do not attend school. Its aim is to help children with intellectual disabilities to develop their skills to the outmost possible level and help them with their daily lives. www.facebook.com/Apadeni-202989223061949/
- Autism Seville: An association that seeks to promote that people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (TEA) and their families have specialized support throughout their life cycle, aimed at improving their Quality of Life, in order to boost their social inclusion and the defence of their rights. www.autismosevilla.org/es/
- ADEFHIC: An association created with the aim of giving support and advice to all those people who suffer this pathology so unknown today, and others derived from it. Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension causes an increase in intracranial pressure without any justifiable cause, i.e. the body of a person with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension reacts in the same way as a body in which there is a brain tumour but without such a tumour being present.
We appreciate the participation and involvement of all those who have contributed to this initiative; this type of action creates a bond among us at the workplace and we express our commitment within the framework of solidarity. Thank you very much!